Thursday, November 05, 2009

With Visions of Future Adventures Dancing in My Head

Next month, we are going to Florida to celebrate Frank's parents' 40th wedding anniversary. (Either we are getting old or they got married when they were 12....). This summer, we are going to New York and probably Hawaii. And in 2011, it looks like we might take the dancers to Australia, which would complete my "go to all the continents by the time I'm 30" goal - just in time!

Right now you might be thinking - "wow! I know someone who has been to Antarctica?!" No, actually you do not. Sorry to disappoint. I suppose I should restructure my goal with a clause that mentions I only want to go to continents where ice readily melts during a reasonable portion of the year without global warming helping it along. Antarctica is excluded from the party, because Antarctica looks mighty chilly and I like to be warm.

ANYWAY, I feel so blessed to have a husband that likes to travel as much as I do, and I am hoping that Sam will be the same way. So far his "big adventures" span from Reno to Los Angeles, but I think he will get a kick out of his upcoming excursions.

It got me thinking about everything else I want to do in life - the other adventures I want to experience - and when I sat down to make a list, I realized it isn't all too long. I feel so very fortunate that my life (and God!) allows me to do the things I want to do - and that I have an amazing husband and son to share them with.

My Final Five

1. Publish a book. This one has always been a big deal - on the top of every goal list, the forefront of every dream - and yet completely pushed aside for "real life" responsibilities. That's one of the reasons I am doing NaBloPoMo - I want to limber up and make this goal a reality. One thing that has been consistent my entire life, even with those who absolutely despise me, is people telling me I am a pretty decent writer. I'm hoping to prove this to myself in 2011.

2. Visit all of the Disney parks. I have so many incredible memories from Disneyland, and we visited Disney World for our honeymoon. Seriously one of my favorite places on earth. Now I've got Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong to go! I am really, really excited to complete this goal. And I am pretty sure as Sam gets older, he'll be a big fan of it :)

3. Swim with dolphins & cuddle a koala. I am not the biggest animal lover. I used to be way into animals when I was younger, namely dolphins and horses, but now I just kind of think that animals are tasty. However, I still burst into tears whenever I see one hurt or in distress so I guess I still do have a lot of compassion and love for them. Either way, I really want to swim with dolphins because I think it would be so healing and fun....and cuddle a koala because - okay seriously!:
4. Find a permanent solution. To depression. I got my mother's eyes and my father's chemical imbalance, and sometimes it feels like the most painful thing on earth. Through the healing strength of the Lord it's gotten better than it used to be, but there are some days where I just. don't. want. to. get. out. of. bed. People always try to find solutions - it's dance stress, it's family stress, it's being too busy - but the truth is I have wonderful friends, Frank's family is so lovely to have living close to us, and life is just good - sometimes my body just doesn't feel very good

5. Lead people to Christ. I've already accomplished this in the past so it probably shouldn't be on a "goal list" per say, but it's the most important thing on my heart list. I want to purpose my life toward more of this - through forming a creative arts non-profit where people can learn about a LOVING God and create worship and experience Him. To love people as Christ loved, and to overcome all of the propoganda spewed by the stereotypical Christian that is then exaggerated times a million by the media and secularists. I desire to see the heart of God for his people restored to a reasonable viewpoint here at home - and I long to see miracles.





0 comments: