Monday, November 16, 2009

Home Okay Home

Home Sweet Home it is not...but it has gone from Home Cruddy Home to Home Okay Home...which is a major improvement from the adjectives I've used in the past. Sacramento, here is your official apology. I judged you too soon, and I've judged you harshly. Now that it's autumn and the weather has cooled enough that I can work things out with you rationally, you really aren't half bad.

Tonight I went out for Greek food with a group of friends, and for the first time in a long time, it felt like I had roots. I had memories with these ladies, I couldn't find the restaurant right away, but knew the streets well enough that I could figure it out even with Minerva the GPS gone, and I came home not feeling empty and homesick for the bay area.

It was a nice change.

This past Saturday, I threw an autumn brunch for some of my best friends, and I think it may become a tradition. I tried some new recipes, made centerpieces, and had a fun mix of bay area and Sacramento family and friends. It was a beautiful day for Catalina chicken and red velvet cupcakes, and I hope people enjoyed themselves!


Sam got to play with Aunt Karen


Connie came up from the bay area, and it was so nice to see her. I'm looking forward to ice skating and sushi in a couple weeks!


More friends.


And more.


One more :)

My mom and sister were there too, and I am not sure why I didn't get pictures of them. It was a good day, and Sam was ready to call more party guests and tell them to come on over after everything started to die down.



It feels good and normal and stable living here - my bay area life will always be a big part of me, but it is comforting to know there are roots here now too.

1 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

What fun! Looks like you did a wonderful job entertaining and keeping those close relationships.

Your writing is good, got to catch up on some of your older posts.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Last day of NaBloPoMo!

Alyzabeth's Mommy