Monday, June 29, 2009

Two Homes

This past weekend, I went down to the bay area to do some missions support networking, and also spent a lot of time with friends and family. Even though it's been five years, I still miss the bay area so much, and some of the strongest relationships in my life continue to be two hours away from my every day life up here in Sacramento. It can be really difficult, but I know the Lord has a plan for it all, even when it isn't MY plan in the least.

I had a meeting with Pastor Rob, who recently became the pastor of the Neighborhood Church in Santa Clara. We have so many random connections to this church - our current senior pastor used to be a youth pastor there, my family bought Christmas trees from them for years, and Frank and I got married in their church building. Even though we've never attended a service, it feels familiar in a lot of ways because of these things! Anyway, Pastor Rob was incredibly nice and has a heart for the arts himself. He showed me some dramas and plays he had been a part of, and then instead of just the typical "yes or no" support response, invited Turning Point to come dance in Santa Clara in August. He's going to give me time to share my vision with the congregation, while we also have a window to perform some dances.

Me = waaaaaaaaaaaay excited! :)

So hey all you bay area people who have always wanted to see the creative arts ministry but haven't been able to make it up to Sacramento...ta-da! A solution free of confusion!

The other really cool ministry related thing that happened this weekend is that a wonderful gal I know named Monique decided to have an auction to raise support funds for creative arts. She makes super cute baby girl stuff, and here is a link to the Turning Point auction.

Thank you so much, friend! What a totally sweet gesture!

So now I am back in Sacramento again. I was a little weepy over it this morning - I got a chance to see a lot of my friends this weekend, got to visit my home church for a little while, and really tried to take in the valley views that I miss a lot.

But then, I came back here and was so happy to see my husband and friends here, and know that Harvest is home, too. Maybe I will always just need to have two homes, two lives....I always feel so torn, but at the same time, I seem to have the best of both worlds.

Right Jen? Like in the wise words of Miley Cyrus? ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
loosend said...

So good to see you this weekend.

Melissa said...

I can totally relate to this....sept I have three places that feel like home, the bay, modesto and arkansas