Monday, June 08, 2009

I Need Not Despair

Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!
-
1 Sam 12:16

The road is rocky, the workers are few. That pretty much sums up the past couple of weeks. We've seen some miracles with our support raising, and we have seen some major frustrations. I've decided that the support team building process itself is going to cause me to get closer to the Lord than possibly the two years of ministry work will!

That may not be a totally accurate statement, but it feels true right now.....we are attempting to build our financial support team in a horrific economic climate, and while many have been uplifting and generous, all of the "we would love to give, but right now we can't..." statements begin to wear upon my soul.

I am so ready to serve with a joyful heart, with or without full support raised, but some practicalities need to be addressed:

**Sam needs childcare so I can serve full time
**We need a 2nd, permanent technique dance instructor because the ministry has too many participants for just one class.
**We do not have a large enough rehearsal space

All of these cost money, but I refuse to let money become the focus. I just know God will work all of it out.

These are just a few of the things to pray for if you are praying for the creative arts ministry. We really, truly need to raise our funds so we can move forward. A support building team is hard work, and it can be discouraging - but it is also amazingly rewarding, and I am so excited to see how God provides!

If you are reading this, please dream with us <3


The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. - Luke 18:27

0 comments: