Thursday, June 04, 2009

When we were in Little Rock, though I mourned the fact I never got on that huge trampoline at Matt & Emily's house, I really loved the weather. They had thunderstorms all weekend and it was so cool. Yesterday I was reading my friend Melissa's facebook (she lives in Little Rock too) and she had a status update about thunderstorms.

I got all jealous, wanting to be away from the hot, stagnant weather that puts me in a bad mood for approximately 6 months out of the year. I randomly said a "thinking prayer" - God, it would be really cool if we could just have a thunderstorm here! And, I kid you not, only a few seconds later I heard a rumble.....soon the whole house was shaking and the lighting was so bright it made our street look like it was the middle of the day every time it flashed. It was incredible!

I called Nichole as buckets of rain poured on our house, and she said that they were at the church and some of the parents were trying to get the youth group kids off of the top of a giant inflatable water slide Amber had rented for that night.

So....yeah, yeah you can say it was in the weather report and none of us happened to read it (which is true) or whatever - but can I just have a moment of glory fooling myself into believing that just like how the bible says faith can move mountains - mine caused a thunderstorm in dry, gross Sacramento in June?! :)

Here are a couple of pictures of my specially requested thunderstorm that was served up by the Big Guy for about half an hour.



Thanks, Ami - who gets pictures of EVERYTHING, apparently!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Thats great!!! It didn't rain here anymore, but the one storm was nice. However, if you were to come here now the weather would be hot and sticky and may not help with your mood! On the other hand you would get to see some pretty lightening bugs and mosquitoes!