Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Successful Summer Begins!

I must admit, I am rather enjoying that "God amazes me!" is becoming a running theme on this blog. Here are some June re-caps, though I will write a more deep, meaningful, philosophical entry later on today or tomorrow probably :)

Last week our Pre-K creative movement class began. Michele got to teach a bunch of lovely little princesses between the ages of 3 and 5, and they had a blast! I am especially happy that roughly half the class is made up of families that have yet to get involved in creative arts, and so that blesses us with growth and new friendships, which is always so much fun.

Feel free to leave a comment about how cute they are,
some of their parents may be reading ;)
K decided that she was going to create her own class and
curriculum during baby ballet time. But there is something
about watching a little kid dance around so joyfully in a studio
located inside of God's house, that it is totally okay to do so :)
Then, this past Monday, our children's summer camp started. I was praying for 40 children, God gave us 30, and you know....when there are actually 30 children in the room....I realized the beauty of God answering our prayers in his OWN way. THIRTY. IS. PLENTY.

We have some Harvest kids dancing, but we also have children from the community who are joining in on the fun as well, including some kiddos from a local Korean Catholic church, and some kids who have never heard the gospel. It was a really special week, and I am crazy honored to be part of it.

One of the most refreshing parts of the day camp has been that I have GOOD, SOLID, LOVING leaders working with these children. We have had quality leaders in the past, undoubtedly, but this summer God has really delivered in terms of a team that has the time and energy to focus and provide quality instruction and a positive environment. I am so humbled to know them, and when I was observing one of the singing classes, I actually got a little teary eyed :)

Pictures to come next week.

On a completely separate note, I just love a good flash mob. I really want the old man with the sweatband for the dance ministry.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's totally me in the cowboy hat and stars n stripes shirt on Santa Monica Blvd...

A-