Monday, May 25, 2009

With You in May, I Was Blown Away....

I am positively gobsmacked by God's goodness.


May has really been a month where I've seen His faithfulness in ministry, even when I felt inferior, tired, restless, etc. etc.
We have raised 20% of our monthly support so far....it doesn't seem like a lot in writing, but we are right on track and will continue to hope and pray that people will respond positively to the ministry vision we are casting, and show interest in coming on board. One of the best parts of it all is getting to partner with Frank. We've always been partners, but this is the first time I feel he is working alongside me and getting excited about it. It's really blessed me. I sure do like him :)
Last Tuesday was our first rehearsal of the summer. Usually we have between 12-15 dancers at our recruitment meeting and then we grow throughout the season. On Tuesday, we had THIRTY signed up! That is crazy! And so fun!!! :) For the first time ever, our adults outnumber our teens - and the teens we have are OUTSTANDING. The middle schoolers are so sweet and fun, and the high schoolers are the ones that really want to be there, and are interested in serving the Lord.

Of course, we will miss the ones who couldn't return for various reasons - they are also amazing. Gosh, we are just lucky to have a blessed group. Alright I will stop gushing because it is BORING to read, I am sure!

Here is a portion of our Project 365 crew dancing at the Sacramento County Fair:

Then, this weekend, Christian Arts Exploration (CAE), our children's creative arts ministry, sang and danced their way through their spring showcase. It was called 'The Crayon Box" and was color themed. Each skit, song and choreographed piece represented a different color in God's rainbow, and it featured 20 children aged 4-12. They did fantastic!!!!
All of the kids, give or take a few :)
As you can tell, they were SUPER nervous about their performance ;)


I got some loves from a bunch of the kiddos before the show.

They are so fun, I am excited for all that summer will bring! <3

1 comments:

Emily said...

20%!!! Wahoooooo!!!!!!!!!!