Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Love You, 10 Months

Sometimes I get so frustrated as a mom. I seriously have a dream baby - he's never fussy without good reason, we've always just been able to plop him down for bed and he'd fall asleep like it's no big deal, and even though he's been through a lot, he has the sweetest disposition.

But there are some days I crave my freedom. I miss interacting with grown ups during the day. I wonder if I am doing a good enough job, or if he's doomed to learn everything in life from me and come out sort of confused and screwed up.

But then there's days like today, where I can honestly say....I love 10 month olds. What fun they are!

I love chubby little hands grabbing for everything in sight. He seizes every moment (not to mention the spoon, soda cup, box of kleenex, toilet paper roll, bar of soap, carpet lint.....)

I love how huge his eyes get when I show him something new, like they're saying, "no way, shut up, get out of town, mommy! Seriously?!" And it's never something I TRY to impress him with. It's just these silly little things. It's the world. At what age do we allow the universe to become a total bore to us?

I love how he reaches up his arms when he wants me to pick him up. How lucky am I to have such a handsome date to accompany me through my daily responsibilities?
I love 10 months old. Today is a good day.

0 comments: