Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Project 365 Ends...And Yet Begins

Tonight a bunch of the adult cast members of Project 365 went out for Mexican food and enjoyed a little unwinding after this past whirlwind weekend. Things are moving forward, and there's no looking back, but a few awesome things I do want to share about Project 365 before I officially say goodbye to it!

1) Everyone seemed to really enjoy it, both audience and performers. It was definitely a blessed production.

2) In some aspects, it seems to be spreading like wildfire. We have booking requests up the yazoo, and I am praying that the Lord will give me good discernment with choosing our touring dates and locations.

3) I love that I've already heard about people doing a real life Project 365. I've seen people wearing the ribbons Sarah made, a few of the dancers have reached out to others in Christ's love already, and I've received anonymous letters and emails from strangers thanking the ministry for what they did the past two weeks.

It is crazy humbling, and such a huge blessing to be part of a ministry that is a not-so-common way to honor our Lord.

We had a fantastic final show. Great energy, packed theatre....God just was with us the whole way through and everyone walked away from it feeling really good about the run.

Here's some videos of my favorite dances from the show, for those of you who didn't get to see it:

This is probably one of my favorite dances I've gotten to choreograph, even though I felt like we needed paramedics on hand whenever we did it. We were all so tired! I think we're taking this one to Trinidad, so good luck to us dancing it in extreme humidity.


Ami choreographed this, and it took some of us FOREVER to learn. It felt like a huge geometry exam sometimes...but I love the way it turned out and I'm so proud of her and everyone who was in it.


Alisha is an amazing hip hop dancer, and everyone who got to be in her dance had an absolute blast:


I choreographed this one, and tried to use as many of the girls as possible. I didn't get everyone, but probably 75% and I was so proud of them:


Amber's dance - it followed Elizabeth's death scene, so if you saw the show, it was actually really sad. Lots of the beginner girls were totally victorious in this one:


Jasmine's dance was my favorite one i got to dance in. This is probably going to be the final evidence of my long hair for awhile - I'm sick of it! :)

"Slow Me Down" from Project 365 from Frank Warta on Vimeo.

Dancers, all photos can be found here
Jesus, thanks for being so nice ;)

1 comments:

Emily said...

Love it! Thanks for the videos.