Thursday, April 16, 2009

What do you do with Easter eggs after Easter? Here's what Nichole and Bailey came up with yesterday when Sam was hanging out at the church while I was in meetings:




And no, my BOY baby is not wearing pink....the drool situation has become so intense and horrific, that his little red baseball outfit actually had its colors run and stained his onesie pink. Gross.

So here we are, two days before Project 365 opens. This is a vision I've had since 2006, and it is a little insane feeling that I get to share it with 400+ people this weekend. Yesterday in my weekly meeting with Scott, he presented me with the quick math - if 25% of our audience/performers commit to the real life Project 365, then approximately 365,000 people will be reached with the message by this time next year.

Me = gobsmacked.

Things are pretty much the same as last year - there are victories, there are worries, people have come through with flying colors, and the same people I expected to drop the ball on their tasks completely have. Life is life. I am moving on and not holding any bitterness. MY huge blunder is I was unaware the theater needed to be added to the church insurance policy, so PLEASE pray if you read this, because if they don't receive it by tomorrow....it's curtains for the show before it even gets a chance to open.

Me = loser.

God prompted me to offer free tickets to those in the community who are unemployed and struggling financially. One craigslist ad later, and I was completely overwhelmed with responses. A woman whose sister was murdered and now she is helping to care for her 11 year old daughter. A couple who has been jobless for two years. A family dying to get their daughter involved in a positive activity. There were so many stories, and in the end, a dozen or so tickets were mailed out. I hope they come and that I have a chance to meet them.

God, I pray that you will just bring renewing strength and motivation to every person involved with Project 365, and that you will open up the eyes of our audience. We've been working since October - it's in YOUR hands now!

Me = nervous, and yet strangely confident in God's promises.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Praying for insurance!!!
Praying for you.
Praying for the people who are coming to the show.
Wish I could be there.
Bring video when you come if you have it!

The Roumbaniseses said...

Great idea on the free tickets! Praying for the show, the dancers, and the audience.
<3 you!
M

Anonymous said...

It's going to be so good to see you and see dancing tonight! I'm praying God does something huge through your show :)
<3
Amy

Tracy said...

Tammy..... you have been on my mind all day today. I can't wait to hear you SAY, IT WENT GREAT, because I know it will. Alex and I are very excited to see the show Saturday.

Tracy said...

By the way.. Every time I see those Easter Pictures of Sam I get tears in my eyes! He's so happy, healthy and BIG.