Monday, May 24, 2010

The Commotion of Devotion

So this weekend we took a mini-trip to the bay area to spend time with family, and it was a nice break - a chance to rest (thank you mom!) and recharge. Frank and I spent Thursday morning in a meeting that brought healing and clarity to the situation that was upsetting me so much last week. I know one thing is for certain - God will guide those who really seek Him and desire to be guided by Him. Otherwise, He will just leave you the heck alone. I am glad He isn't leaving me alone and bugging me constantly to work things out according to what He wants.

Dance starts again tomorrow. It's a bittersweet time of ministry - definitely my least favorite. It's difficult when participants don't come back because of life changes, anxiety-filling not knowing if anyone will show up at all, and daunting meeting new people. But it always ends up being great after all is said and done, so I know I need to have an August mentality rather than a May one.

Life is about to be a crazy commotion again - especially with the furthering of the "big plans" and I just got asked to prepare a drama class for Mosaic. Fun! But I will be tired!

The weather here has been so nice - it's identical to Santa Clara, which is really weird this time of year. I am loving it. This weekend we took Sam to Happy Hollow - a bay area childhood staple that I have never, ever been to. Better late than never I suppose!



He really loved it and wore his new hat


Got kissed by a cow


Washed goats


And we made my mom really, really mad with this temporary tattoo. It has nothing to do with going to Happy Hollow, but it was pretty funny.

1 comments:

loosend said...

I miss you Tam...I hope we can squeeze in some time this summer...I'll be up in Sac every other weekend.