Friday, May 14, 2010

So I know the bible says that God will direct our steps when we trust Him. But then I said to God yesterday, okay JC, my steps right now look like this:

To which I am pretty sure God responded "so what?"

Every morning when I wake up, the day before me feels like one of those trust fall activities everyone has to do at camp or in middle school. Go to a high spot, close your eyes, and let yourself fall as a group of your friends (or frienemies) giggles and wiggles below you. "Oh we'll catch you, don't worry!" they exclaim. And fortunately, when it was my turn, they always did. Probably because I was 90 pounds until 11th grade.

But it never felt stable or secure before falling. And sometimes I don't feel stable or secure with God's plans. This is a good lesson in how our feelings can outweigh truth. Truth says God will direct our steps. Truth says he is a million times more stable than a middle school trust circle. And you know what? He's never let me fall - unless it was for my own dang good and even then it was so he could completely rebuild and make me stronger.

So was it really a fall at all?

Today is a big decision day. At 8am I think the majority of those decisions have been made now - but I am going to commit it to God for one more day to make sure it's what He wants.

Because if I have to climb a path like the one in that picture - if I have to let myself fall from a very high place - then He is the one I want to catch me. He has a great track record.

May you feel His strong arms today too. <3

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some days my steps look like that, too! :)
<3 Ami