Saturday, June 05, 2010

Summer Unexpected

I would like everyone who prays, to pray for me today if you have time. And, whatever God decides, my will or not, that you will then proceed to rejoice - because God is good. Even when we may not understand Him, and even when things hurt and don't make sense. Sometimes we can have grand or good intentioned plans - and when those are executed, they do not end up anything like we hoped.

Obviously I am talking about something bigger here, but I will go with a more light-hearted example instead:

Today Frank, Sam and I packed up the cooler and went to meet Myriah and Greg halfway for a picnic. We chose a park that we would both have to drive an equal distance to get to, and when we got there - the park was completely overtaken with a special event.....

The African American Association Juneteenth Celebration

Needless to say, we did not blend in well, but we still joyously had a picnic and supported the central valley's black community by purchasing some overpriced frozen treats.

Good times.

So, this summer is not going to be anything what I expected. But, I am still looking forward to a lot of things that will warrant major rejoicing - and even if these things work out as well expected as our picnic that was hijacked by soul food and volunteer fire fighters, it is still going to be a lot of fun!

Hawaii! July 16!

Sam turns 2! Also July 16!

Renting a beach house with my besties for my birthday! August!

Non-profit starting! September!

Life is good, life is fun - I will embrace my treasured friends, look forward to making new ones, and just try my best to have joy <3

0 comments: