Monday, October 05, 2009

Pretty Much Perfect

I love October. The weather cools, and it's a nice lull between summer and the craziness that comes with the holiday season. But this particular October has chosen to be out of the ordinary insane with a packed schedule...I just got home from Riverside, and then next weekend I am going back down to Southern California for a massive celebration of KAYLA'S 13TH BIRTHDAY (scary! what an old lady she is!), and then we are going to go home to the bay area 2 weeks after that for the 50th anniversary party of the church Frank grew up in......October is turning into a crazy month. It's also our 5-year wedding anniversary on Saturday! <3

The first seven days of October have been pretty great so far. After heading down to So Cal, we went to a convalescent home where we danced and prayed with the residents. I made friends with a woman named Ruby - I could barely understand what she was saying - but she used to be a dancer and reminded me to always dance like David danced. Her address is on a napkin in my dance bag, and I think we will probably be pen pals soon :) Some of the dancers also got a kick out of a vibrant man named Patrick. He had plenty of things to say to all of us, and here's a photo of some of the team praying with him. Photobucket

Tuck's iPod accidentally shuffled during our performance there, and so it was a horrific surprise, not knowing which song was going to pop up next to dance to - some dancers ended up exhausted, but they did such a fantastic job, I was so happy for all of us :)

Then it got even better as we headed to the Southern California Christian Dance Concert in Redlands. Turning Point was one of 9 or so groups, and I was terrified we wouldn't be good enough - but we were definitely up to par, and everyone did really, really great! The directors of the festival were so amazingly nice, and we made friends with some of the other dancers and were invited to another dance event, as well as receiving a return invitation back to the So Cal concert next year. Go, Turning Point, Go!!!! :)


Photobucket

Photobucket

If you aren't totally sick of our summer dances in various venues yet, here is the second half of our So Cal performance.

SoCal Christian Dance Conference, Turning Point Dance Ministry from Ami Tuckerman on Vimeo.




And then on Sunday went to Disneyland. Which was nice :) We even got Tigger to dance with us!

Photobucket

We practiced perfect dance form everywhere we went ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last night we had auditions for Cinderella: Reimagined. A lot of dancers auditioned, and this is the toughest show I've ever had to cast.

My heart was just so joyful reading some of the applications - one wrote that she only wanted a certain part if it wouldn't get in the way of a younger girl getting a chance. Another said that she just wants to be whoever God wants her to be. And yet another came up to me and volunteered to forgo the show altogether if it meant someone else would feel less left out.

I love our dancers.

Still today I was asking for help, prayer and advice, and I am praying every single dancer both younger and older will find joy in their received role, even if it isn't the one they wanted :( It's tough to not give everyone exactly what they want - but it's downright impossible to do that, and it's a good learning experience to not always get what you expect I suppose.

Come to think of it, my entire life is one big UNexpecation.....and yet, it's pretty much great :)

<3>

0 comments: