Friday, October 09, 2009

Five Years <3

When I was a little girl, I met a couple who met in high school, and never left each other's side until one of them died when they were in their 90s. I thought it was terribly romantic and decided that the only good thing that would come out of school would be finding a husband, and he would love me and spoil me and let me have an all pink wedding with daisies, sparkling cider and cotton candy.

Five years ago today, I married my high school sweetheart in a church in the neighborhood I grew up in. The bridesmaids dresses were pink, the cake and bouquets had daisies, and we toasted to the future with Martinelli's. There wasn't any cotton candy, but that's my fault because somewhere between the 4th grade and walking down the aisle, I had forgotten all about it.

I could brag about my husband all day long - this past year, he has blown me away with what an incredible father he is. Sam adores him - at 15 months, his daddy is the apple of his eye, and I am certain that is going to go on for a long time because mommy is cruddy at wrestling and playing rocketship.

He is also an amazing husband - compassionate, loving, considerate, a wonderful provider for our family, and he will watch Golden Girls re runs with me. He got me liking sushi (yay!) and The Simpsons (boo!) and he continues to be my favorite person to go anywhere with. I joke with him that he's allergic to fun, but then I realize that I have never laughed with someone more.

Thanks for five amazing years, husband <3 I love you to the moon and back.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me choke up... so beautiful! Your life && story helps me keep the hope alive that true love is possible... You are truly blessed!