Sunday, September 20, 2009

Apple Hill & Fall Ministry Prep

I love going to Apple Hill. I went for the first time last year, and we liked it enough that we went back this year. It's the main way I really embrace and enjoy where we live - close enough to quaint fall treats like Apple Hill. Both years, we have gone with my friend Connie and her family - we've been friends since I was 11, and now she is married with two kids, the youngest of which is only 4 months older than Sam and about as close to a girlfriend as he's gotten so far! And as close as he's gonna get till he's at least 30.....

...Things are going really smoothly for fall creative arts prep. We have a definite of Cooley - we can choose between two spaces there, wahoo! We got board approval to order a dance floor for the secondary room we are using at Harvest, and we have having steady sign ups for both our classes this fall, and for ministry supporters so I can keep on keepin' on. Last but not least, the wonderful Brandi and Russ lugged two enormous mirrors from College Park to Roseville so that we can have some interim mirrors in the spillover dance room, too.

...I also met two LOVELY women last week that are going to serve as fall dance teachers for some of the technique classes, and I am so so so excited to serve with them!

....Last but not least, my awesome friend Sharon invited me to her ladies' night to share my ministry vision with a big group of women - I think it went fairly well. The more I speak about what God has placed on my heart, the more real and confident it becomes. I like that.

Anyway, here are some Apple Hill pictures.


Sam's first face painting


Hanging out at the Teddy Bear Picnic


This is Sam's "wow it is hot outside" face


Flirting.


Results.




Sweet friend


Nice day.

0 comments: