Saturday, August 08, 2009

The Galaxy and My Heart

There are certain aspects of my personality that are impossibly nerdy. For example, I love dinosaurs and outer space. Go ahead and digest that, and we will move on.

Tonight I had a little nerd indulgence and read a NASA article about hyperactive stars. They move twice the speed of the sun, which is remarkably fast, and the reason they do so is partially because their host galaxy is positively massive, and yet also quite compact. Sometimes they move quickly when they are nearing a black hole.

Oh Lord, have I ever become this way! I feel like I am just running circles around God's love and promises, partly because the world feels too big and I don't want to miss out on anything - and also because I feel so small, cramped, confined and uncomfortable in my world. And yeah...I near black holes a lot.

Tonight I am going to bed early, and I am going to slow it down and take some time to really enjoy the Lord and all He has done for me. And all He will do! I don't want to zoom around the Son....I want to be loved by Him and feel that love, even when it is so very difficult at times.

As promised, here are some more snapshots that are a small sampling of what's going on in my galaxy right now.


The younger girls in Turning Point right now. I am praying for them a lot. They are great. Here are some of them right after they accidentally broke my bed in Trinidad.


Those I met on the missions trip, and how I won’t see most of them again in this life. This is a shot of me with the girls I led in a bible study all week. We had great talks.


The camp recital coming up SOON!


The future of creative arts ministry. This is little Alex and Taylor…they’re in the performing arts summer camp that is wrapping up next week.

<
I really love the beach. How stupid was I to agree to leave the bay area and move over two hours away from it??? Dance ministry on our play day in Trinidad.


Tour jetes are just more fun in water, with a friend. Here are me and Kelly on Maracas beach last Saturday.


Coming home after being away is the sweetest feeling in the world. Being reunited with Sam at Sacramento airport when our team came home.


God is starting to form Cinderella….Reimagined in my head. Please pray that it will be a quality script that is powerful and will impact lives when all is said and done. <3

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the beach pictures! Zachary is really looking forward to the show. Missy is excited about Turning Point this fall but there are some changes going on w/us so I wanted to talk with you about it. Maybe on the phone if not in person. :) Glad you're home!