Monday, August 24, 2009

Artbeat 2009 ....and the end of summer

This summer started out with a lot of ministry goals, and I wasn't sure I was going to make it through at some points. But yesterday was Artbeat 2009, the final curtain call of summer, and I am just feeling grateful for the way the Lord provided.

We had a great audience turn out for both shows, the outside artists from the community were simply stunning, and the Turning Point girls and the other contributors from within Harvest were so fun and touching to watch. Everyone was on top of their game, and it was a spectacular afternoon and evening.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am hoping Sam will have mercy on me and let me have a quiet day of writing thank you cards that are long overdue, mailing out my first ministry newsletter....and that I can steal away some time to just spend with the Lord and thank Him for all he's done in our lives this summer. That will be the perfect gift, I think!

So....the summer is officially over as far as ministry goes, and I am looking forward to resting these next few weeks and regrouping for fall.

I used to say that spring was my favorite season, but I am finding more and more that I am loving autumn. I'm itching for the weather to cool, to crunch in leaves, bake pumpkin cupcakes and wear cozy sweaters. I can't wait to take Sam up to Apple Hill again now that he is bigger and will be able to play, and just spending time with friends and family before life gets crazy. I guess fall is sort of my summer vacation this year! :)

In other news, I am going to be dancing in a different dance ministry this fall. There is a dance studio at First Covenant Church in Sacramento, and their director was a dancer in Artbeat and invited Ami and I to come perform in their Christmas program. I don't know a lot about it other than it involves Jingle Bells Salsa dance and I am super excited ;)

Here are some Artbeat videos. Pictures to follow soon:

This was the ginormous group dance that I choreographed. Almost every Turning Point girl is in it......


My Artbeat solo this year...I wrote a poem, recorded it, and then ad-libbed a dance. Kinda floopy, but I think that God still used it....


Courtney, who is a senior in high school this year and has been volunteering as a Turning Point leader choreographed this one. We're all in there somewhere..it's like Where's Waldo...in pink....


Super impressed with Jessica's choreography this year.....


Alisha choreographed this for the Rock the Block outreach in South Sacramento at the end of this month, but they were so proud of themselves, we had to put it in Artbeat too :)

0 comments: