Friday, July 03, 2009

Would You Celebrate With a Mouse? Would You Celebrate In a House?

Well July is here, and it is going to be a month of total celebration! I remember two years ago at this time of year I was in Trinidad with some of the dancers, and Pamela & Princess threw us a 4th of July party that ended up being more of a misguided birthday party. However, I am sure many of those on the team will attest that it was one of the sweetest things ever done.

This is the American flag cake that Pamela and Princess made us



And then there were.....party hats?


Last 4th of July was pretty uneventful - I am continually giddy about setting off fireworks because I grew up in a county where they were illegal, and last year was only the 2nd time in my life I had gotten to set them off, and it was extra fun with my sister coming up to visit. Last year I was also very pregnant, marveling at how I only had 11 weeks to go....little did I know I only had 12 days!


This July is going to be another month of celebration. Tomorrow morning I am making birthday cupcakes for my sweet and precious "born on the 4th of July" friend Amber, and then my sister is coming up for an encore trip. The night will include a pool party with a few good friends, fireworks, and relaxing in the hot tub. I am super excited for all of this niceness :)


I'm also in obsessive party planning mode because our little Samasaurus turns 1 in two weeks! I'm throwing a Dr. Seuss themed party (Sam I Am, duh)....but wow I should've just gone with Elmo or Mickey. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find Dr. Seuss stuff that is within our budget for a massive park party, but at the same time there is definitely something to be said about the thrill of the hunt! It's fun color-theming and coming up with cake ideas and having a great excuse to get family and close friends together. Please allow me a minute to show off the INCREDIBLE birthday invitations that my amazing friend Katie made.



Then after all of these festivities, we leave for Trinidad! Our missionary host just revamped our entire trip and I am a little shellshocked. Our 10-12 child VBS is now for 70-100 children, and we are staying in Diego Martin instead of Port of Spain. I am a little nervous about leading alone, and was finding much comfort in knowing that it would be a familiar place with familiar faces and lodging.....just goes to show you never know how God will shake things up and force you to be brave!

On a completely separate note, these are the kinds of things that make me lose sleep at night.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19925304/detail.html

Sacramento is also home to the "Vetrans Memorial Highway."

We are so homeschooling.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Totally cute invitation!!! I love it!

Doug said...

The invitation is wonderful. Happy Birthday to Sam I am :)

Hope you are well. I am catching up with your entries. Happy Independence Day, Tammy :) Save me a piece of cake :)