Sunday, June 13, 2010

Initially I thought having dance disappear from my life as quickly as a fart in a fan factory would be super traumatizing and make life horribly mundane. But really, even though I miss all of the girls terribly, I am enjoying this sort of planned/sort of unexpected break.

"I almost feel like I am sinning against God - wasting days not doing ministry" I told Frank the other day.

"Well the pace at which you usually live your life is sin, actually" he retorted.

Oh. So you mean God still loves me exactly the same whether or not I burn the candle at both ends? You mean it's okay if I REST? Of course I already knew this logically - but in my heart - it has just been a very, very long time since the term "lazy summer" applied to me, and while things are far from lazy, I am really enjoying the time off.

It feels like I've gone non-stop since elementary school - gosh, I think I actually have. I NEVER went home right after school - I always had to be DOING something, and now God is confirming to me in all kinds of different ways that it's okay to just REST in Him, and to just spend some time being loved and loving & supporting those in my life. I won't do it forever - I will go absolutely crazy if I do - but life is a bit slower now until Royal Stage launch in September, and I am really enjoying the way God is speaking to me as I spend some time just slowing down.

I cleaned our whole house today top to bottom - the exterior of our house is so gross and icky looking - it's lawn lacking and we live next door to drug dealers (very nice drug dealers, don't get me wrong, but still....), but the inside can be okay when I make an effort :) So I cleaned. A lot. It feels good to be getting all cleaned up on the inside - God is cleaning out my heart, and I can clean the house :)

We went to Kayla's 8th grade graduation (she's in high school?! what?! she was ONE YEAR OLD when Frank and I started dating!!!). She goes to a performing arts charter school and they even fed us (which always makes me loyal) ;)


The graduate! :) It was horrendously windy, so Sam's cute sandals & yacht pants ensemble was thwarted with a windbreaker - ah well.


Then I made some big apple cupcakes for the Turning Pointers who left for NY that day. They came out pretty cute.



Yesterday was spent all day with my gorgeous and amazing sister in law, eating crepes and going second hand shop hopping through midtown.

The upcoming week is full of friends and my mom is coming up for a couple of days. Life is fun :) I can definitely get used to this whole idea of rest :)

0 comments: