Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Could Just Throw Up From Excitement, But Sam Already Did.

Two very exciting things happened in my ministry life this week, right when two rather cruddy things happened in my personal life. But when I really think about it....people are always going to let us down. Humans are kind of disappointing yet predictable in that way. But God will never let us down, which makes ministry life more important and exciting, and definitely worth meditating upon instead!

The first exciting turn of events is that my dance world expanded by 37 today, as I started my first day working as the dance teacher at Mosaic Christian Enrichment Center. It is a whole gaggle of homeschool kids who are awfully cute and painfully energetic. One of my best Turning Point teens is going to assist me with the hip hop portion (because um, really, me? hip hop? no....) and I am teaching worship dance and ballet. My victory moment came when a crowd of snickering adolescent boys suddenly got super serious about their tendus and whispered to each other, "Geez, this ballet thing is kind of hard!"

Anyway, I am going to try to take a photo of all of them next Thursday - definitely a bunch of new faces to pray for.

In light of expansion and new ministry relationships, I prayed and wrote up a proposal for my ultimate non-profit dream come true performing arts center. I gave it to my superiors at Harvest and it was approved! I am still going to be working as a missionary commissioned to the local church for the next year and a half, but I am also going to be working on grants, non-profit numbers, researching commercial properties, etc. Eek! Pray!

I am not going to advertise to the world all that God is doing (yet!), but I am so excited I can take the steps now to make this all a reality - and that reality is going to be a TON of work.

I still can't stop grinning from excitement though....that there may someday soon be a place where people of any age can come and create for the Lord - dance, sing, paint, act, write - without judgment or insecurity. So awesome! <3 Those who are involved with creative arts are going to see some tremendous and positive changes - and for those who aren't but want to be, now is the time! :)

Today was supposed to be my day to focus and get things done, but I had to pick up Sam early from day care due to a time conflict. Jill was sweet enough to offer to watch him at the church while I worked, and happy little Sam all of a sudden projectile vomited all over the floor.

Remarkable.

What's remarkable, you may ask? The answer would be "exactly how much vomit can come out of a 23 pound kid." He was playing and happy all morning, and then BAM out of nowhere he throws up. This was no little spit up. This was vomit reaching impressive distances down a carpeted hallway.

I put him down to start to clean it up, and then he throws up all over himself and INTO my purse. So he is wailing for me to cuddle him, and there is curdled milk and banana just slithering down the church hallway, literally everywhere. So I strip him down to his diaper and onesie, and pick him up, and then he throws up AGAIN all over me.

There is so much puke at this point, there is no hiding it, and there is absolutely no way to avoid wading in it either. It's on my shoes, my entire upper body, my face, my hair, his face, his hair, his onesie, his socks..... two women (one of which I have never met before) tell me to take him home and they will clean it up. I keep trying to help and they tell me to just take him home and not to worry. So I have to wrap him up in a purple flowered blanket from the nursery to get him into the car in his underwear in the pouring rain, and bag what feels like pounds of puke.

I'll bet you did not expect this blog entry to take such a dramatic and disgusting turn, now did you?

3 comments:

Jocelyn Richard said...

Wow, Tammy thank you so much for sharing your life with the world. This post was just the encouragement I needed this morning.
Next week I will be starting a homeshool worship ballet class also.
Your post reminded me that dance is for worship, and a way to reach our young people.
Please keep posting my dear sister in Christ.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

Oooooh, poor Sam! And poor you! I don't do vomit...Matt must handle it for me, or I join in the puke fest myself.
How THRILLING the two new developments with the ministry!!! I'm so excited for you! Go God!