Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Year in Review - Part 1

Ladies and gentlemen!

Hello and welcome to December 30, 2009. While Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day are my favorite holidays, 4th of July and New Year's are my most despised. Especially New Years.

But this year was different. 2008 was my throw up from stress year, full of unpredictability and feeling as if I had no idea where I was stepping next until I was already there.....but 2009 was blessed. Joyful. Victorious. Wonderful.

2009, I love you and am sad to see you go. Here are our fun times as BFFs - this year and me :)


Sam's baby dedication was a happy day. It was one of the first times I held him in my arms confident that we had made it. He was healthy, adorable, and endlessly happy.


And his NICU nurses came too, for a lovely reunion.


Project 365 was not what I expected it to be at all. But I love the memories of it because it is a time where I grew a lot in ministry. This was the spring where we performed a beautiful outreach show, and I officially got my tough skin.


I got to go to Little Rock! To see the Bertholics! And learn to be a more effective missionary! And eat at the world's greatest pizza buffet! I heart Arkansas!


The March of Dimes March for Babies. Go, former preemies, go! Thank you God, for the angels who cared for our little one, and the others who are still living in NICUs today. This is Sam with his cousin Kayla at the Capitol steps after the walk.


My last time working with the C.A.E. kids - and grateful that the Lord provided a strong, competent, loving leader in Alisha for their future <3

We also had our first outreach performing arts summer camp. Oh my goodness. I think I am still tired.


Our return trip to Trinidad. Where my skin got even tougher.


And the team broke my bed :)


This 4th of July was different from the past. This one was pure joy. And I love this picture. ;)


Sam's first birthday. And those who love us.


Warm autumn days at Apple Hill.


Cherishing special moments with family.


Dressing up as pirates = diving into my future of having a little boy.


Sushi, how I love thee.


The oddness that is always the holidays.


Our dear Caribbean friend, Sarita, is here visiting California for the first time right now, ringing in the New Year with us.



Here's to 2010. I'll blog once more before midnight. But here's my almost goodbye, and I am so looking forward to the future. <3

1 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE all the pictures, Tam. And I love you. Happy New Year, sweet friend!