Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cinderella Opening Night



Cinderella Reimagined opened last night, and all that I can say is that I have a LOT of thank yous to give - and especially to God because He provided in so many ways. Pretty much every single prayer I prayed was asked for. Here's a quick run down:


Team Spirit

The casts of our shows have always been remarkable. There is hardly ever any drama, everyone genuinely gets along, and they all pull together in the end. It's pretty typical to find them laughing, helping each other master a dance step in hallways, etc. etc. It's just a great group. However, there has always been a struggle to form a prep and coordination team. I have done way too much work by myself for too long, and have been BURNED OUT.

This weekend, when it was time to put up all the set pieces and arrange the props, an army of helpers came to the theater. Entire families came - kids and adults getting stuff done. Every time I started to do a job, it got taken away from me - I was completely worthless! It was awesome! The help continued into show day - a few women offered to be my "go to" girls, and I really worked them. They helped out in INCREDIBLE ways, and when the show started, I was feeling zero stress or nerves. It really was like, "Oh cool. It's 7:00. Let's get going."

That was very nice :)

Shining That Light

Oh, we always have fun - the dances and lines always have highs and lows - but this year, I really confidently feel that every single cast member allowed God to shine through them. The energy on stage was great, everyone had so much fun, it was evident who they were performing for, and their outcome was extraordinary.

A "Woo hoo!" Response

Except for one unfortunate incident at the start of the performance, the audience seemed to love the production. A lot of people told us that this was the best show we've done - people say that every year - and I take that as a big encouragement because it means we are continually improving. With Cinderella, we took leaps and bounds. We had remarkable acting coaches, committed families, and Pastor Jeff delivered a great message afterward. There are no words to express how grateful I am to everyone involved.

P.S. - Diana & Janet - thank you for providing the AMAZING concessions. I was drooling over those cupcakes and cookies!!!

Here are some of my favorite shots of some of my favorite people. Lots more photos to come:

These were taken by a photographer we adore. Check out his website - borelfoto.com












2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad it went well! I have been blog stalking waiting for an update! =)

The Parkin Lot said...

The king is missing his facial hair!