Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hungry For God And Regular Hungry Too

I am going to be blogging every day for the next 21 days, and hope that you'll come along with me for prayer, insight and advice. The reason for the incessant writing is 3-fold: I really love to write and have been neglecting that passion except for when I get a paycheck for it, God is doing a lot of things in me right now and I want to have it for memories, & our church is doing a 21-day fast and I know that God is going to use that time to reveal a lot of stuff, and I am holding out hope that what He speaks will be eye-opening.

I had a lot of agony over fasting. I've never done it before, and I've always joked that God will NEVER call me to it, because He loves me and would never want to see me suffer that much. ;) I love food, all friends and family ever want to do is go out to eat - it has become such a cultural thing in our society. And really, as much as I'm hooked, it's kind of gross. When I need sushi more than Jesus, it's time to slow down and admit it - okay, okay Lord, it's time for a fast. Boo. I'll be obedient, but don't expect any cartwheels.

Everyone is fasting differently. A ton of people are doing the Daniel Fast. Some are doing just water or gatorade. Some are fasting from a favorite food, a pasttime, etc. etc. After a lot of thought and prayer, this is what I've decided my fast is going to be:
1) No sugar or caffeine
2) No eating out - everything I eat needs to come from the grocery store or my kitchen
3) Nothing but water from sunup to sundown.

#3 is going to be a killer - I Daniel Fasted the first two days, decided I was doing it out of utter and total legalism, and decided last night that the above 3 rules is what God wants me to do right now.

I have not had a drop of caffeine or sugar (except that found naturally in whole fruit), and I feel healthy. Not a smidge of a headache, wheareas usually if I go more than half a day without a Pepsi, I feel dead. God is already carrying me, and I am excited for more of Him.

During this time, I also have a fast list of things I am going to commit to prayer. I am not sharing all of them here, but here are 4 that you can join me in prayer, if you feel led:

1) That God would bless "Cinderella Reimagined" and would bring people to Him through our efforts.

2) That The Royal Stage would make progress, find facilities, and be fruitful this summer

3) That my friends and family will come to know the REAL Jesus. And be blown away by His awesomeness.

4) That God would reveal to Frank and I the right time to expand our family, and that we will be okay with whatever the verdict is.

Ooooooh I want an egg mcmuffin right now VERY MUCH! God is better though <3

1 comments:

Emily said...

I have done the sugar fast before, and the only water from sun-up to sun-down. It is hard, but so worth it. Good for you for going for it. I know God will make His presence known to you through this, because I have experienced it.
I will be praying for those requests, too. Love you!