Thursday, March 05, 2009

Finding Renewal in the Little Things

I've been a pretty inconsistent blogger lately, which can be credited to Sam's ever growing personality which involves entire days of giving me wide eyed grins and reaching little hands that seem to say "show me, mommy!" when it comes to everything I do. Wherever I go, wherever I put him, when I turn to look at him he is smiling up at me...and this mutual admiration for life with each other has majorly cut into my down time. But that's okay :)

My life is so fast paced and so hectic, that I've found myself instinctively finding joy in tiny things I never would have thought about or considered before. Sleeping in past 7am and snuggling under the covers with Frank on a rainy Saturday morning. Making the kitchen my new "lab" as I experiment with recipes and dream up new cupcake ideas. Having lunch out and enjoying a good chat with a friend. Feeling suddenly motivated to conquer our big, overgrown backyard and make it a sweet garden by summertime.

Have I become a nerdy Christian mom or what?! But I've never been happier. When it comes to my dreams and ambitions, some of the biggies are becoming reality, while I am learning to find new dreams and pieces of happiness in little things I never acknowledged before.

Life is good to me. Thanks, God!

Dance ministry is running at a chaotic pace. I've mailed out all of my support letters, so if you haven't received one and would like to, then please let me know. And if you have received one, thank you so much for taking the time to read it and consider supporting a ministry that has just flourished and continues to be blessed!

Our dance "academy" has started with four classes that have gone very well. We now offer jazz/lyrical, hip hop, ballet, and "baby ballet" for our littlest "dancers". We're starting a kids' hip hop class soon too.

Project 365 is only 5 weeks away, which both excites and terrifies me! A lot of you are coming to see it, so thank you so much for your support ahead of time. It's always fun to have friends and family in the audience....it's just better that way! :)

I got to see Debbie a couple of weekends ago, and as always, she totally lit up my life. Here we are in Nevada...I love this shot, even though we definitely look like an "alternative family." ;) Frank was there too, but you know how he is about photos.




Nichole is officially Sam's favorite person, as you can see here from a recent Mongolian BBQ outing.



A happy dance teacher moment, before the stress began to mount ;)






The rehearsals continue!




Sunny day Sam.

0 comments: